Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hello Girl's Night In!

Jason's parents are going to be out of town until late tonight or tomorrow morning and Jason has class, which means...Girls Night for Annie and Emilia! Woo hoo!

I've already started planning out our evening (haha). It will include catching up on America's Next Top Model (LOVE IT!) and maybe a chick flick too! I'm also planning on putting together the centerpieces for my sister-in-law's upcoming baby shower. That's something I can work on while enjoying a night full of girly drama and skinny models. (O:

I don't even have to cook- I can eat cereal for dinner if I want! I know we've got leftovers too, so that's a bonus. Not that I mind pulling my weight and taking turns cooking dinner, but yay for not having to cook for anyone but myself!

In case you can't tell, I'm stoked about this. It's been quite a while since I've had any time without anyone else around and I have missed that! I'm surprised, because I'm such a people person, I never would have guessed it, but man, sometimes I just need to be all alone! (Emilia doesn't count, obviously) (O:

I've planned a busy weekend for my little family, but I'm looking forward to it! Saturday starts off early with another neighborhood yard sale (Yes, pink bags included!) (O: Jason's going to finish up some homework while Emilia and I look for great deals with some family and friends. Then, that afternoon, we have tenative plans to take E to the zoo. I know she's too young to have any idea what's going on, but she loves to watch people and is so curious about everything. So, I think she'll enjoy herself even if she doesn't know which is the giraffe and which is the zebra. (O: Our cousins have invited us to check out the Taste of St. Louis with them that evening, but since Emilia has trouble if we deviate from her eating/sleeping schedule, we will probably have to pass on that. :-( Everyone's been talking about this event and I was really interested in going. Oh well, maybe next year!

Depending on the weather, I may try and sneak up to the neighborhood park on Sunday morning with Emilia for a photo shoot. (O: She's the most fun and active in the early morning, so I'm thinking that might work. I've been browsing through photos online to get some ideas and these are the things I'm considering bring with us- some sort of woven basket that she can sit or lay in/on, a bright colored balloon, a blanket or two, a couple outfits and probably a few fav toys to keep her interested. The park itself is very pretty, so I don't really need all that much extra, but I like to be prepared. (O: I purchased a fluffy tutu at a yard sale last weekend, I think I may see if I can rig it to fit her (I think it's for a toddler, not a 6month old, if I remember correctly). Wouldn't that be so cute for pics!

Sunday night, is the Edge, of course. Last week we brought Emilia in for the closing songs and she loved it! Her little legs were kicking 100 miles a minute (which is a good sign that she's enjoying herself). I was worried it might be too loud for her bc she doesn't like loud noises. But, she did great! So, I might do that again this week.

That's our weekend, so far. Looks like a good one, ay? How's your weekend shaping up? Anything fun or exciting planned?

1 comment:

Sonja said...

I left you something on my blog!! :o)

I'll be coming back I haven't caught up on my blogging for the day yet! lol