Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Arriba!

Today we threw a 'Boss Day Fiesta' and it was wonderful! My coworker brought in a bunch of fiesta decorations and we hung sombreros all around. We had a yummy taco bar and lots of delicious cheese dip! This is a bad time to work right next to the kitchen because I keep meandering out there and grazing the leftovers. So much for pairing my workout with good eating habits! (O: (Yes, yes, I know. National Boss Day is not until tomorrow, but our big wig doctors were all here today, thus we celebrated early.)

Speaking of my workout...C25K Week 2 Day 2 was not too bad. I was fighting myself every step of the way, but I made it to the basement and turned the treadmill on. Then there was no turning back, I did not want to be a quitter (even though I really wanted to quit!) I started praying for strength and encouragement and I got it! I made it through and added a couple extra 'VICTORY'-s to my usual chant. (O:

I am getting rather excited (as much as one can be about running...) about the Dec. 5 Gingerbread 5k! I just found out about two more friends that are running also! I think that brings the Girls Club group to 5, and 2 husbands! That means I REALLY cannot fail, I do not want to be the only one that does not make it!! (O:

I am really starting to get excited for the Holidays! Halloween in a couple weeks, with a fun costume party and trick-or-treating. Thanksgiving with my mom's family in the backwoods of Kentucky (my cousin is my uncle and stuff like that, seriously...OK, not that bad, but close!) BLACK FRIDAY!!! (Definitely a Holiday!) Man, if there was ever a good time for a sale, Black Friday is it! I used to ask off for this day and now I am so lucky! We are closed that day so I do not have to use any vacation time! (O: We will see how it goes this year...maybe J will keep Emilia home with him... Then, Christmas! So many family things going on around Christmas, I cannot wait!! (O: THEN, after New Years...LASIK for Annie!! (Hopefully!) I get it for free at my work since I have been here over a year. I am waiting until the beginning of next year because the type I am having will probably require about a week of recovery time. I am so excited!!! (O:

What are you looking forward to about the Holidays? (O:

2 comments:

Jillian said...

that food sounds really yummy right now.
Yup, I used felt for that art work! If you want I can definitely fancy up some bibs! Just let me know what you want: flowers, polka dots, fall leaves...I'm game!
Sorry I didn't have photos of someone actually wearing the necklace for so long! I needed a better camera that would pick up the detail!

Jen | Our Life Accounts said...

Ohh just found your blog, love it! I am preparing to run my first 5K as well! I orignally signed up for a Figgy Pudding one Dec 12 but now I somehow find myself involved with doing one in two weeks, eeeeeek! I don't know if I'll be ready, I've only been running for a couple of weeks! It'll be my first race ever!

As far as holidays go, I'm looking forward to thanksgiving and BLACK Friday-this is an all girls family tradition, we have a blast! And Christmas, I adore Christmas and all the special family traditions!