Friday, October 23, 2009

The one that did not make the cut...

I hereby dedicate this blog post to Emilia's 'runner up' Halloween costume, my personal favorite.

It, unfortunately, will not see the tricks or treats of Halloween night. We are going to a bonfire party at my friend Jaime's house that night and everyone is "HIGHLY encouraged" to dress up. This means, if you do not dress up, Jaime is going to be on your case all night and probably call you mean names. (I am not kidding...)

Now, I may or may not have mentioned this before on here, but my husband can tend to be a fuddy dud about these sorts of things...and had no intention of dressing up (he has thick skin and Jaime's taunts would do him no harm). But, he asked if our whole family unit would be dressing up to a theme, and I saw my "in". I told him I had two costumes for Emilia and if he could come up with a theme to go with one of them, we would do it. So, on Halloween night we are dressing up as the ever-so-creative farmers to go with Emilia's duck costume. (Apparently we are duck farmers, ha).

This means my favorite costume, the one I purchased for $3 on clearance when I was only a few months pregnant and did not even know my baby's gender yet, the most adorable idea ever, lost. My dreams have been crushed and I no longer have a reason to live. (OK, reality check- I am not actually this distraught over it, but I think it makes for a good, dramatic opening. I have to keep my audience guessing and on the edge of their seats...are you there yet?)

Well, since I do not get to dress up my little stinker in this cosutme for Halloween, I took last night as my opportunity to dress her up in the costume and take some pictures!

I will not keep you waiting any longer...
May I present to you, Emilia the Skunk! (O:

I tried to get some 'tail shots', but she is big into rolling right now and was all over the place! But, you still get the idea. (O:

1 comment:

Jaime G. said...

super cute!!!!!! it definitely would have brightened my day yesterday. i love her sile... it's so big and happy looking... her eyes smile. i love your little girl. (so glad she isn't ugly)

and you're right... i can never get to J... i must find a way!