Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wishing for Colorado!

This morning's post is part of Kelsey @ The Seattle Smith's Wishful Wednesday series (O: Each week she posts a different topic and encourages everyone to share their wishes. This week's topic is 'I wish' .... I was going on vacation tomorrow, and I would want to go ______!

My answer, as made obvious by my title, is Colorado! It may not seem like anything glamorous to you, but if you know me outside of the bloggy world know this is my dream place. I spent 6 years of my childhood there and have been begging to go back ever since I was 8. Imagine growing up (ages 2-8) with a beautiful mountainous landscape in your backyard and then being shipped off (by the military) to Illinois, where nothing is abounding but cornfields. I literally cried when I realized there were no mountains. So, ever since then, I have wanted to go back.

My dream vacation would be to rent a log cabin up in the Rocky Mountains and hide away from the rest of the world for a while. I would, of course, bring my hubby and our daughter. We would spend lazy pajama days on the wrap around porch, sipping sweet tea, taking in the view and talking about anything and everything or nothing at all. When we felt like it, we would take long hikes, enjoying all that nature has to offer. We would grill for almost every meal- Jason loves playing with different spices and I love letting him cook! Our evenings would be spent, again, on the big porch- curled up together in a fuzzy blanket on a porch swing, with big glasses of sweet, red wine.

I feel relaxed just thinking about my imaginary vacation...maybe someday Jason will surprise me with this special trip! (O:

6 comments:

Jaime G. said...

that's a pretty freaking awesome plan. i felt relaxed just thinking about it.

♥ sarah said...

omg i love colorado too. i went to breckenridge a few years ago and can't wait to go back someday! xoxo

Jillian said...

I've been dying to escape to a cabin in the mountains for a while now...it just sounds so secluded and wonderful. Although in my head I see there being a hot tub on the deck. lol. I'm right there with ya!

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

Colorado is amazing, especially the big indoor swimming place in Denver.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I have to agree with you on Colorado!! I think Denver would be not only a great vacation spot, but even better place to live. 350 gorgeous days a year ..... yes please!!!

The SSS Sophisticate said...

That sounds so nice! Nothing better than a cozy mountain cabin!