Tuesday, October 6, 2009

12 Weeks to Christmas!! (O:


Thanks to Sonja @ For the Love of Stilettos for coming across and sharing this super fun idea! I am a Christmas LOVER and I think this TWOC idea is superb! What could be more fun than counting down the weeks to Christmas than sharing different parts of our holiday experiences with each other as we go! (O: You really should go check it out and join in the merriment!
Week 1's topic is Christmas List and Red Writing encourages everyone to be creative about what they choose to blog about. So, I have decided to make a list of all the "Firsts" of this Christmas! (O:
Of course, Emilia comes to mind with many Christmas Firsts, so I'll start there:
~This is, obviously, her first Christmas! That in and of itself is super exciting! I can't wait to see her interest in the Christmas tree and the sounds of crinkling paper when everyone is opening gifts. I'm hoping (PRAYING!) that our family doesn't go hog wild with stuffed animals or dolls....so maybe I should start dropping hints about educational toys now?
~I can't wait to drive E through Belleville's Way of Lights at the Shrine! My mom always took us as kids and I hope to continue the tradition with my little girl. (O:
~With Christmas (hopefully) comes snow! I love to imagine how Emilia will react to the cold, wet feeling of snow. I hope she loves it like her Momma!
~Santa!! I am really considering taking her to get her picture taken with Santa Claus at the mall! I know Jason will roll his eyes at the idea and I bet Jaime is already squirming in her seat (non-believer!), but I still think it would be fun! (O:
~The Christmas Stories. Yes, I said plural. I love the old Santa story and love to read that on Christmas Eve. But, I also want to read her the REAL Christmas Story, from the Bible. I want to make both of these part of our Christmas tradition.
~Her First Christmas Dress!! Haha, yes, I am actually this excited about this. I already have one or two to choose from and I can't wait! Don't judge me.
On to the rest of my "Firsts" list...
~This will be the first year since Jason and I were married that we won't have our own house. We sold our home in September and are living with his parents while we wait to see where J will get a job after he graduates. So, this is the first year I won't get to use all my wonderful SMORE'S ornaments to decorate our tree. I'm sure J is ecstatic about it (he doesn't like my SMORE'S, isn't that awful!), but I'm a little sad. At least I still have my mini-SMORE'S tree for at work!
~I actually know something I would like for Christmas in advance! I'm the worst at making a list for everyone to purchase from because I can't ever think of anything I'd like. I'm a pretty content person and so I struggle every year. Usually my list consists of State T-Shirts for my collection (I only need about 12 more to have 1 from every state in the US!) and scarves. BUT! This year is different! After careful consideration and many times of almost veering off the road looking for the right CD...I'm breaking down and asking for an iPod. HAHAHA. I know, I'm so lame and WAY outdated. But, that's what I want. I think J has already decided I'm getting to Big Boy newest one- the Touch iPod. He may be more excited about this than I am. (O:
~This is also the first Christmas in my entire life that I am not looking forward to the snow. *GASP* I know! In all actuality, I still am excited for the snow and the hustle&bustle that comes with it. The part I am not looking forward to is slipping and sliding around on black ice with a little baby girl in my arms (or in her pumkin seat, if she still fits). I'm worried about that and I'm worried about how bad drivers only get worse when the snow starts falling.
~This will also be our first family Christmas since Grandpa Oshall passed away. He is part of what kept us all together every year, we always made time for the Warren Family Christmas. I hope we will continue it in his absence. Also, before he passed away, he asked us to have a time at our family get together to sing some hymns. While I have never looked forward to this part of the Christmases past (I don't know very many hymns and no one wants to hear me singing anyway), this year is different. This year it's for Grandpa. I know it's going to be different this year. He won't be sitting in the rocker, watching his large, loud family enjoying each other's company. He won't be there to greet me with a smile and hug as every time before. Never again will he tell me that he's loved me from the first time we met, as so many times before. I know this will be an emotional Christmas for all of us. I hope we make him proud.
Whew....I'm sorry to have ended with a sad 'First'. Even though Grandpa Oshall is gone, I can still rejoice because I know he's in heaven watching us all the time. I wonder if he's met my Grams since he's been up there. *smiles through tears*
OK, seriously. Deep breath....
Now it's your turn! What's your Christmas List?? (O:

10 comments:

Carrie said...

I love your list! I wish I lived where it snowed...at least for one year! :)

Ooohhh...I can't wait! Your list made me even more excited for it!

Keelie said...

Such a great and original list! I am wiping tears away now after reading about your grandfather. I'm sure it will be difficult but old traditions will have new meaning and all your baby's firsts will be your focus!Thank you for joining up and following my blog.

Jaime G. said...

i didn't squirm, I rolled my eyes.
Hey, at least we're doing Halloween, right?
Sorry that you don't get to decorate your own tree. Maybe you can get a small one for emilia's room and decorate it in there.....

I liek you list.
and go figure, J has to get you the big mamma-jamma iPod. what is it with boy and electronics?

Jillian said...

Aw Annie, this is sweet :)
It's Cash's first Christmas too, and even though I know he won't really know what's going on, I'm SO EXCITED!

ps. I added those necklaces to my etsy :)

pps. Look at all the followers you have now! So exciting! You're becoming a bonafide blogger ;)

Jayne said...

I love your list - isn't it interesting how differently we all react to an event. It's fascinating!
I pray your Christmas will be especially wonderful this year!
Blessings,
Jayne at mysongwithin

Moore Minutes said...

The first Christmas is always such an extra fun and exciting time!

You wrote some beautiful things too by the way.

I'm here with TWOC:

http://www.mooreminutes.com/2009/10/making-list-checking-it-twice.html

Jules said...

If it makes you feel better, I'm not even close to having a child and I am somehow sucked into the Christmas dresses already. Enjoy your TWOC!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

First Christmas is always a special one. You have so much to look forward to.

laterg8r said...

i am soooo with you on the no stuffed animals - i swear, every baby gift comes with one and they breed at night LOL :D

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

love your list....what a fun idea......I am enjoying a few minutes of blog hopping. I have a great giveaway on my Christmas blog that will be given away next Friday....and all you have to do is comment....... hope you will stop by.
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com