Monday, October 19, 2009

Does anyone hear that fluttering?

Well, today I am in a crummy mood. No reason, really. Just crummy. Last night I worked in the nursery at church and somehow managed to pull something in my back...so today has not been a fun day. The chiroractor managed to lessen the discomfort, but did not get rid of it completely.

Needless to say, I did not do day 1 of week 3 of C25K this morning and I never in a million years would have thought that I would be disappointed about NOT running...but I am! I really think this is part of what has thrown my mood off so bad. It is not that I am enjoying the actual running, but I do feel tiny little successes each time I finish a day's run/walk. I get excited when I think about toning out my yucky areas and the thought that I may actually lose this baby weight if I keep up with this and watch what I eat. So, when I could not run this morning, or bend over to dry my feet after my shower, for that matter, I was really bumming. I do not think I want to push myself to try and run tomorrow yet, either. Which is double disappointing. That means I will have to run Wednesday, Friday and Sunday for Week 3, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for Week 4, then I can get back to the Monday, Wednesday, Friday that I love.

OK- I ended up typing a lot more about that than I had intended to...I was just going to say that I am bumming hard core today and so I was going to wait until later this week to tell you how Awesomely Fabulous the baby shower went (I am waiting for the pictures from one of the girls that helped). But, I did want to tell you a funny story from yesterday morning...

Emilia slept in until about 7:30 (I love her!!) and then I went in and was playing with her on the floor of her room. I kept the door to the room open in case Grammy or Poppy woke up and wanted to come play too...well, I started hearing a flapping sound from the hallway. At first I thought maybe a bird was just right outside the window in the office, across the hall...but the more I heard it the more it sounded like it was inside! And, being the scaredy cat that I am, I just shut the door to Emilia's room and waited for someone else to wake up or for Poppy to get out of the shower, whichever would be first...When I heard Grammy open their bedroom door, I cracked Emilia's door and asked if she heard that. She snuck over to the office and peeked in and sure enough! A BIRD had gotten into the attic and flown down the stairs (that darn attic door never stays closed!) We both waited in our rooms with the doors closed until Poppy got out of the shower so he could catch it. (Meanwhile, my husband is sleeping on the downstairs couch and told me 'what do you want me to do about it?' when I told him what was going on...NICE). Poppy caught him in a towel and handed him off to Grammy to take outside. We set him free and he flew off, grateful to be away from our cat and dog, I am sure!

So, that was our eventful Sunday morning! Anything wonderful or exciting happen to you? (O:

No comments: