Friday, October 9, 2009

Unmatched but matching

C25K Week 1 is done!! I did day 3 this morning, and it was not the most pleasant thing ever. But, it is done and I said VICTORY! (O: For some reason, a whole bunch of (probably unused) muscles started complaining during my jogging/walking this morning. I think maybe I did not get enough sleep last night, so I started off wrong.

So, to try and lift my spirits, I wore a cute matchy matchy running outfit! (O: I used to always pick on J because he had to wear all one brand of clothing...if he had Nike shoes, he had to wear Nike pants and shirt (running apparel). He would not mix brands and I told him he was a snob. I still do not match my brands to run, but I can see where he is coming from now. There is something nice about having everything match. But, anyway.

Even though my brands did not match, the colors surely did! My running shoes are white with light blue and little hot pink accents. So, today I wore light blue shorts and a pink shirt. It was glorious and I know my treadmill was impressed.

Today was also the day I realized I need some new sports bras...the girls must have grown after I had Emilia...it was a little painful running this morning in an old-me-sized sports bra. (I know you were just DYING to hear about that) (O:

I decided to wait for an outdoor run until I am doing a little more running and a little less walking. Maybe next week I will do an outdoor run. I just like spending these first few in the privacy of the basement...no one there to judge me (except the treadmill, of course. And he is still in awe of my fabulous outfit, so he does not mind).

I hope you all have a great day! (I have another post to do yet...but it was completely unrelated to my running adventures, so it will have to wait!)

1 comment:

Jaime G. said...

you crack me up. for real? you corrdinated your outfit with your shoes? seriously?

my treadmill is lucky to see me run with shorts on (seriously, sometimes i wake up in my bra/tshirt and underwear adn just go at it). hmmmm... maybe my treadmill is a little more lucky than yours.

oh - you can always double up ont he sports bras if you don't want to pay for more. (before i had the girls sut down, i would wear a normal bra with at least 2 sports bras on top, sometimes three)

later friend!