Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dear Ebay...

Please stop being so awesome!

It is officially official...I have a problem. Hello, my name is Annie and I am addicted to Ebay. "Hi Annie".

It is bad, *really* bad. So bad, in fact, that I have my MIL and FIL helping me by hiding the packages until I can open them so my husband does not see them. If I were to get technical, I do not consider this lying to him as I usually show him what I have purchased...but when he sees multiple packages sitting there on any given day, he tends to give me trouble about it. I try to remind him how much money I am SAVING by getting these good deals, but he is never swayed. He just rolls his eyes and tells me it is not just because Emilia needs clothes, but I really enjoy it and I am addicted. Well, YES, that is all true! But what is so wrong with enjoying a good deal and finding adorable clothes for our little girl?? So, I basically just ignore his contention and keep going strong! (O:

So, I think I will retract my previous request, dear sweet friend Ebay...never stop being awesome! (O:

5 comments:

Jaime G. said...

i think i might sway to J's side on this one. you've recruited his family to sort of decieve him. and i think i've only seen emilia wear the same outfit once... and that was because you took pictures of her. i've tried the whole "look how much i'm saving" bit with jon and he throws back at me "you might be saving on this purcahse but you're still spending on something you want" (but the thrill of being the winning bidder is quite exciting!)

Jen | Our Life Accounts said...

ahaha, hilarious! I've done the whole, bring the packages in slowly bit so that the hubs doesn't get hit with it all at once. Ebay is awesome, between it and Etsy, I will have packages coming in forever!

jodie said...

Save money now! Stop buying new clothes all the time now when Emilia wont even remember, and start a savings account for when she hits school and cares what she wears. Older kids clothes are insanely expensive and harder to find used because they start to wear them out.

Suburban Princess said...

My ebay problem is combined with my etsy problem!

annie said...

Let me just add this-

You may only see Emilia in the same outfit once, but those are Sunday clothes...Yes, we have many dresses. When I can get a brand new Baby Gap dress for $4, I get excited! (O: But, her everyday clothes get more use, I Promise! Also, we plan to have more babies and if by then, Jason is working in a church, we will possibly need more dresses anyway. Thus, I am not worried that she is not wearing the same 4-5 dresses for 3 months straight.

Jodie, I think I will also take your advice and start a savings account now just for older kid clothes because I know you are right about them being more expensive and harder to find second hand!