Monday, October 5, 2009

Black Monday

That title doesn't mean anything dark or sinister...it's simply the color scrubs I have on today. (O: We switched over to our fall/winter scrub colors on Oct. 1 and so this is the first full week of the new colors. Here's our new schedule (I'm sure you are DYING to know!)
Mon-Black
Tues-Olive
Wed-Brown
Thurs-Wine
Fri-Any

Sounds rather drab, doesn't it? I was able to find a few patterns and bright colors to wear underneath to help spruce up fall/winter, but oh well. There is only so much that can be done to spice up scrub...but no matter what, I am just loving that I get to wear PJ's to work everyday!

On to the Monday Morning Recap...it was BUSY weekend! Fun was had by all, and I'm officially spent. Let's start with Friday, shall we?

Friday night, my father-in-law wanted to check out the Chili Cookoff in Belleville, but my fuddy-dud husband and my mother-in-law wanted to stay home...so J went to the store and did his own chili cookoff. It was delicious and he won, hands down! (Of course, he was the only one that made anything, but it still counts as a win!)

Saturday started off super early- yard sale day! Woo Hoo! This is the neighborhood sale that I look forward to every year and I was looking forward to a great day. I had printed out the list of what each house would be selling and highlighted all the houses I wanted to hit. Then, I printed out plenty of copies of the map and marked where the port-a-potties were and also highlighted to streets on which the houses I wanted to visit were located. I got up in plenty of time and had everything ready and loaded in the van before Emilia woke up (always great when that happens!) So, my mother-in-law, Treasa, and I headed out to arrive at 7:00 a.m. We were meeting my mom and my cousin Jenna there and it was already packed when we arrived! Unfortunately, it wasn't as great as I was hoping and I only found a couple good deals. I think the problem was that there were SO MANY people this year and every house was picked over by the time we got there. It was like if you didn't go straight to the house you wanted to check out, you would miss out on the good deals. We kept seeing people walk by with what looked like great stuff, but we found only a few...I found more clothes for my nephew on the way than I did for Emilia...but I did get her some good books...(Check it out- The Little Engine That Could, brand new! woo hoo!) (O:


My other great deal of the day was this super cute bedding!


Yes, I realize that Emilia won't be able to use it for a few years yet, but I just fell in love with the fun, bright colors. This set is originally from Target, and the nice lady I purchased it from said that she never used it and it has only been washed once. I decided to go ahead and spend my $22.50 (She had $25 on it, I offered $20. She started by saying no, but when she realized I was going to walk away, she asked if we could meet half way. I thought that was fair.) (O: I think this will look so cute and fun in my little girl's room. And there are so many different colors to choose from. So no matter what her favorite color is by then, we can use any of these as the accent color for the room! You can't really see in this other picture, but the tread on each color block is the other colors of the quilt. LOVE.
After spending 5 1/2 hours at yard sale mania (holy moly!), we decided to call it a day. Treasa had taken Emilia home early because it was pretty cold. So, I had a lovely ride home with my cousin Jenna. She just married into our family this past July and I've had a ton of fun getting to know her. It turns out we are a lot alike and have similar pasts. She is such a blast!

After a couple hours at home, we headed out to meet our friends Jon and Jaime at the zoo! That was a lot of fun! It had warmed up a little by then and it was the perfect weather! All the animals were out and moving around, which was great! I kept imaginig the movie Madagascar as we walked around because some of the animals really seemed to be putting on a show for everyone! (O: Emilia is still too little to care about the animals, but she loved watching all the people go by. Just like her Momma, she's a people watcher and always wants to see the action. At one point, we all stopped to look at an animal and we had her stroller facing the fence with nothing to see. That was the only time during the whole trip that she whined at us...and it was because she couldn't see anyone! As soon as I turned her stroller around to face the walkway, she was fine! (O:

After THAT, J and I decided to hit up the St. Louis Mills Mall- lovely outlet stores galore! We went to Nike and I grabbed up a couple pieces of running attire that were at great clearance prices. I used my new running shorts and running shirt this morning on Day 1 of my C25K training...but I'll save that for a blog post later today. (O:
My best deal of the day was an adorable dress for Emilia! I've been eyeing this dress from Carter's fall line for weeks, but I couldn't bring myself to spend $24 on it...she didn't need it that bad. BUT, the Carter's outlet was having a big 50-70% off sale this past weekend and I scored! It was on sale for $10! Whoo hoo! I grabbed it up for next fall and almost purchased one for her to wear this year too...but I restrained myself. (O: Here it is, ladies and gents! (On the left)

Here's a close up of the pattern...I am not sure why I love it so much, but I do! (O:

The purple flower dress is another cutie that was only $6! I play a little game with Emilia where I let her pick out what she likes (not that she really knows what is going on...) I hold up two items and ask which she likes the best. She usually cooperates and grabs one or the other. This being the case with the purple dress. There was another dress that was the same just in different colors. J liked the purple one and I was favoring the other, so we let E decide. It had a couple of people behind me smiling and laughing as I taught my 6 month old fashionista how to bargain shop. (O:
Whew! There's my weekend in a (rather large) nutshell! Hope you all had a great weekend too! (O:

2 comments:

Jaime G. said...

THAT WAS A BUSY WEEKEND, AND REALLY, IT WAS ONLY SATURDAY THAT YOU BLOGGED ABOUT! (ugh, caps lock... means i've been working)

good job running. i slept. sorry. maybe you need to give me a wake-up call at 5:30, and i would actually wake up. it was just SO WARM and snuggly under the sheets.

Jaime G. said...

oh... and jax was at the zoo, too. and the word verification is "likedly"... not a word but i like the way it sounds in my head, so i think i might start using it.